Sunday, September 6, 2009

What's this?

After last year's successful bike tour from Fall City, WA to El Cajon, CA with my friend Alan, I decided I needed another tour for this year. My idea was to do a ride around Washington's Olympic Peninsula. We take off on Tuesday, September 8.

This year my friend Steve Cain will be riding with me, with Janet providing van support. The current weather forecast looks good, and if the weather does turn bad, we have flexibility in our schedule to allow for weather related lay-over days. In general terms, our daily itinerary is
Seattle to Port Townsend
Port Townsend to Port Angeles
Port Angeles to Forks
Forks to Lake Quinalt
Lake Quinalt to McCleary
McCleary to home.

We'll camp a couple of nights, stay in motels, and maybe stay one night at the home of a friend of Steve's. I will post photos and blog entries whenever possible.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck as you set out today on your Tour de Peninsula. Can't wait to read your daily blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up? The beagles and I are still waiting for your update(s) and pictures!

    ReplyDelete